Saturday, April 1, 2023

Adepticon! Part 1 - The Beginning

Hello?

Are you still there?

Am I still here?

I AM RETURNED!!!


It's about time I resurrected this blog, as I'm finally getting back into gaming and the hobby and everything that's great about life post-pandemic. I've been raising my boy, working, and getting my groove back. What better place to gashmorglishboard than at Adepticon!

I 💗 you urbie

My first couple of days (Wednesday and Thursday) consisted mainly of spending all my money on toys and more toys. Battletech (their booth opened Wednesday night), Games Workshop of course (their booth also opened Wednesday night, after the preview so I scored the event exclusives with zero crowd), then the bits guy (Toledo Game Room). Between them all, I was...just getting started.

The preview was pretty fun. The audience went wild when 10th was revealed, like Marvel Endgame wild. People seemed to be very happy with what was shown, and of course I'm a sucker for terminators, my favorite unit in the game.

On Thursday after a good day of conning, my wife and friends and I got together and played a 4-way game of Armada to warm up for the tournament on Friday. 


Our 5th friend had yet to finish painting his fleet, so while we jammed and rolled dice, he was on the next table using speed paints to get his ships all colored in. We had a grand time!

Here we are midway through an Orcs vs Dwarves vs Dwarves vs Empire of Dust, while #5 churns through his backlog in the background.

Late game, everyone was rampaging everywhere, especially the Orcs. We wrapped up after midnight, and our friend finished his coloring project so it was off to bed and rest for the Friday morning excitement!




No comments:

Post a Comment